BCBS 239, a lot of delay, the fault of the "data lineage"
The 2008 crisis
- To store information (various databases, "on prem'", Cloud),
- To transport information (ELT/ETL, procedural code),
- To expose it (static BI, data visualization tools, data exploration, etc.).
- Information Systems are becoming unfathomably complex.
- Difficulties in "guaranteeing a solid system on risk data" (Art.1: Governance)
- Difficulties in "ensuring accurate and reliable risk data" (Art 3: Accuracy and Integrity),
- Difficulties "Being able to quickly produce, aggregate and update" this data (Art 5: Actuality).
- It will therefore be necessary to implement a technical, non-declarative data lineage around the technologies of storage, processing, scheduling, and data visualization of the Information System. These technical stacks must be analyzed together to provide a wide range of analysis axes: source and future of information, freshness of the implementation of feeding chains, details of calculations in the data visualization layer. The “parsing” technique of all of these technical stacks is undoubtedly the most likely to provide the expected answers.